Are you ready to break out of the traditional archivist box for a
multidimensional and challenging position that directs the management of the
physical and digital archives and library for an art
foundation? Our client is seeking a dynamic individual who
possesses a blend of art history knowledge, digital asset management, project
management, and a natural organizational sensibility.
LAC Group seeks a Museum Archives Manager in the suburbs of Maryland who
systematically collects, organizes, digitizes, preserves, and provides access
to various multimedia archival collections and institutional records. The
Manager will recommend policies and procedures for the creation, maintenance
and retention of assets in all formats. In the coming years, this individual
will be a key member in an expanding and unique world-class cultural
institution by establishing and maintaining the client's Digital Asset
Management (DAM) system. This position reports to the
Executive Director, Founder and Chief Curatorial Officer.
* Identifies, preserves, and administers records related to administration at all levels, collection records and acquired records of long term and permanent administrative, legal, fiscal, and research value not in current use and in any form (paper, analog, digital, electronic, video, sound, and photographic).
* Establishes and manages the archives acquisition policy for collected records to include conditions and procedures for accessioning and de-accessioning documents and collections.
* Establishes and manages the policy criteria for permanent retention of collected records
* Organizes and digitizes records in keeping with professional principles of provenance and sanctity of original order.
* Produces written descriptive records inventories, guides, and other retrieval aids in accordance with accepted archival standards and makes these available in accordance with the access framework and permission policies.
* Implements basic records preservation measures, including digitization and rehousing.
* Formulates written records access policies and restrictions
* Designs and implements digitized information and digital asset management (DAM) approaches, methods, licensing, usage rights and software applications for collected records for contemporary digital curation.
* Develops cross-format metadata structure incorporating standards such as the Getty vocabularies, Cataloging Cultural Objects (CCO), and VRACore. Ensures data input conformance across the organization.
* Prepares collected records reports, digital asset downloads and assessments.
* Researches, proposes, and processes library acquisitions; occasionally de-accessions to hone the library collection, manages periodical subscriptions.
* Conducts archival and digital asset management staff training.
* Graduate degree in library science with archival focus, or other graduate degree with a Certificate in Archival Studies.
* Undergraduate degree in art history or related field.
* Academy of Certified Archivists Certification a plus.
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in archival management, preferably in a museum or cultural heritage institution.
* A minimum of 1 year high level digital asset management experience, including asset ingest, export, metadata creation, and user rights management.
* Significant experience in file and document organization and management, electronic databases and documents, database management and information policy.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5443/