As the shared center of intellectual inquiry at Wheaton College, the library's
mission is to build, preserve, and promote theuse of
physical and virtual academic resources; foster skilled and confident users of
these resources; and promotecommunity on the Wheaton
The Resource Description & Digital Initiatives Group mission is to facilitate
user discovery of and access to libraryresources. The group is active in these
* Cataloging & Metadata to efficiently create and facilitate the means by which users can discover and accesslibrary resources
* Preservation to extend the life of library resources
* Digital Initiatives to advance the discovery and use of library resources via digital innovations
In the context of teamwork and mutual support, the Digital Initiative
Coordinator advances the above-stated missions asfollows:
* Proposes and implements digital innovations that advance faculty and students' discovery and use of libraryresources, including the creation of digital collections
* Proposes and implements digital innovations to support the library's operations
* In collaboration with others, maintains and enhances the library's Web presence and other electronic services
* Contributes actively to Group objectives and priorities
* Contributes actively to library-wide mission, plans, and objectives
* May lead and/or participate in cross-functional library teams
* Trains and supervises one staff member and may employ student assistants
Characteristics & Qualifications
* Strong commitment to teamwork and collegial relationships, excellent communication skills, and personalflexibility. Engages in outcomes-focused thinking. Desires to continually learn and grow. Displays a work ethicthat is consonant with Col. 3:23 ("Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not formen").
* Undergraduate degree. Broad interests and intellectual curiosity.
* Ability to provide leadership for the library's digital innovations. Preferred: Work experience in academic librarycontext.
* Technical knowledge and experience required for the position (e.g., library and information standards, platforms,and products; metadata standards, including non-MARC schema).
* Highly accurate with data and detail. Organizational and problem-solving skills.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5537/