Job No.:ABC Resources
Work type:Ongoing Full Time
On-site Car Park and On-Site Gym
$51,210 - $55,857 p.a. + Generous Super
* Catalogue commercial sound recordings and reference material to ABC standards and guidelines to make information accessible to ABC content makers.
* Maintain physical collections and facilities in order to provide effective access to library resources.
* Assist library clients in the use of ABC collections and databases to help them make the best use of the resources.
* Staff loans/reception desk according to roster.
* Operate technical equipment and systems, eg circulation systems, as needed to provide effective access to library materials.
* Assist in collection stock-taking activities including the selection and de-selection of materials.
* Carry out administrative tasks to support the efficient operation of the library including processing orders through ABC internal systems, record-keeping, collating statistics.
* Actively promote the ABC values and apply all relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
* Qualifications in library/information services or equivalent relevant experience.
* Ability to apply cataloguing standards and conventions; attention to detail, accuracy.
* Has a demonstrated understanding and knowledge of classical music and a reading knowledge of European languages including French, German, Italian relevant to cataloguing classical music.
* Proficient computer skills and an understanding of computer based library systems.
* Strong customer focus and communication skills.
* Ability to file above shoulder and below knee height.
* An understanding of and commitment to the ABC's aims, objectives and workplace values, together with relevant policies and guidelines including Editorial Policies, Equity & Diversity and Work Health & Safety.
Copies of the ABC Editorial Policies are available at abc.net.au
Applicants must address the selection criteria. For more information on how to
apply visit Application Tips
For further information contact Wendy Lim on (08) 8343 4235
Recruitment Agency applications will not be accepted.
The ABC is an equal opportunity employer.
The ABC invites Indigenous Australians to apply for this position
11 Jan 2013 Cen. Australia Standard Time
27 Jan 2013 11:55pm Cen. Australia Standard Time
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5546/