The Digital Media department at The Metropolitan Museum of Art is seeking a
talented Mobile Producer to lead the production of mobile technologies to
support the Museum's collection, exhibitions, and related activities. Media
projects include audio tours, media-rich digital resources, and interactive
multimedia. The Mobile Producer is responsible for overseeing the entire
product life cycle from planning to execution, and ongoing management post-
launch, and usage analysis.
The Mobile Producer creates and executes project plans, specifications, and
budgets; develops and manages multiple concurrent projects; enhancing the
experience of the Museum visitor-both on and off-site; and ensures quality and
consistency across mobile product lines. The Mobile Producer serves as project
team leader, working with content creators, designers, media specialists,
external contractors, editors, and production staff. This position is
responsible for creating media that meets the interpretative goals of
curatorial and education staff, along with objectives from other stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of mobile technologies,
media production, user experience, and interaction design, with a desire to
stay on top of new capabilities, operating systems, and devices. Special
consideration will be given to candidates who have delivered projects that
involve interactive storytelling, cultural, or museum-related content areas.
This position offers candidates opportunities to work with projects of
unparalleled content, excellence, innovation, and visibility with an award-
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary history to
[log in to unmask] with the position title in the subject line.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining the Solution: Guide the internal MMA stakeholder teams through the discovery phase of a project. This includes gathering relevant project inputs, summarizing findings, developing creative briefs and producing strategic recommendations.
- Being Creative: Write a creative brief in a way that inspires our talented, interactive team to do their best work. Champion the most creative experience and user interactions for optimal experience.
- Getting Technical: Evaluate and recommend technical implementation approaches with our front-end and back-end development teams.
- Project Leadership: Guide the project team through the various phases of a project, keeping them up to speed on important milestones and decision points. Manage expectations through clear and constant communication. Steer them away from common pitfalls and provide innovative solutions to their needs.
- Managing the Process: Develop a project plan, scope of work, and lead creative and technical teams through each phase of development. Build internal relationships and offer process improvements that produce the most creative and innovative work possible.
- Manage external vendors: Act as MMA client-contact to external vendors working on mobile projects. Commission and manage project work from external vendors, ensuring all work is delivered to schedule, budget and quality.
Skills & Experience
Interested candidates must have at least 2-years' experience working with
creative digital media, developing audio features, interactive projects,
preferably within the museum or cultural sector. The ideal candidate will
possess the following characteristics:
- Strong interest and knowledge of mobile platforms and devices and insight into emerging trends
Experience creating project documentation, including statements of work,
project plans, etc.
- Strong creative and technical acumen
- Consumer focused online and/or mobile product development experience, including multimedia (audio/video/image) production management.
- Results and execution oriented, as well as a creative thinker with the ability to come up with new experience-based mobile applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills when interacting with internal creative and technical teams as well as with stakeholders
- Proficiency with project management, user experience design, and media production applications (e.g. Basecamp, Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite)
- BA or BS required; advanced degree with a concentration in digital media, digital communications, visual or moving image arts, desired
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5561/