* MLS from and ALA-accredited program or equivalent.
* Proven experience in managing digital collections and digitization activities, such as digital scanning, image editing, and/or managing format conversion.
* Demonstrated technical experience with current digitization technologies, standards, platforms, and products.
* Evidence of successful project management and the ability to organize, prioritize work, and manage time.
* Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and maintain effective working relationships with diverse colleagues, faculty, and students.
* Strong writing and oral communication skills.
* Working knowledge of metadata standards.
* Knowledge of emerging trends in digital technologies and the ability to effectively use current technologies, acquire new technological skills, and resolve problems in a resourceful and timely manner.
* Knowledge of copyright/fair use, intellectual property and privacy laws as they relate to print and digital materials.
* Ability to work with the Library Development Officer and the Library Grant Officer on fundraising activities.
Examples of Duties: Responsibilities- The Digital Projects Librarian manages
digital projects as assigned, providing leadership and technical expertise to
ensure their successful completion. The librarian works closely and
collaboratively with a variety of individuals involved in the collections-
based projects to plan and implement, including identifying resource needs,
establishing and maintaining schedules, workflows, and procedures
documentation. Working in conjunction with others, perform extension and
outreach to the library's diverse constituencies to promote digital
initiatives and develop partnership opportunities. The incumbent will also be
expected to participate in library-wide projects and other duties as assigned.
This position may supervise staff and student employees and reports to the
Associate Dean of the Library.
For more information on the library and the position, go to the Library's
New Mexico State University home page-
Benefits Offered: Group medical and hospital insurance, group life insurance,
long-term disability insurance, state educational retirement, workers'
compensation, sick leave, annual leave, and unemployment compensation.
Opportunity for educational advancement. For additional information, visit the
NMSU Employee Benefits web page http://hr.nmsu.edu/benefits.
Nine month faculty- not eligible for annual and sick leave.
Special Conditions: All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent
on the university's verification of credentials and other information required
by federal law, state law and NMSU policies/procedures, and may include the
completion of a background check.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5612/