Digital Asset Metadata and Taxonomy Specialist for a Motion Picture Studio
The Digital Asset Metadata and Taxonomy Specialist is a mid-level position for
a detail oriented and hard-working professional with the energy and passion
for working with basic and complex metadata structures.
This person needs to listen and understand requirements and anticipate
problems, which need to be solved. The
position requires spending time with Implementation Team to understand the
requirements and metadata needs and working with corporate sales teams to
manage customer expectations. Support the planning/implementation aspects of
new or existing metadata structures for studio, broadcast and content archive
owners. The position will require the
ability to bridge the gap and support sales, technology and customer
requirements. This is a mid-level position providing media
technology support to service sales and turn-up.
T3Media (T3M) is in search of a hardworking, results-oriented individual who
has a friendly and outgoing personality. The ideal
candidate is patient, process-oriented, and comfortable with both metadata
schemas and Digital Asset Management Systems. Outstanding
verbal and written communication skills are required, as is a willingness to
go above and beyond both for T3M as well as our customers. The ability to
handle multiple projects and multi-task is a critical trait for this position.
* Maintain integrity of key metadata for digital assets including
* Technical metadata
* Client specific descriptive metadata
* Maintain policy and standards for technical metadata dealing with video asset management system
* In depth understanding of T3Media's Baseline Automated Metadata Services and enhanced metadata curation services
* Work closely with other members of Ingest, Operations, Fulfillment and IT teams to ensure support of metadata across operations for
* Efficient Search & Identification
* Efficient Accessibility & Management
* Efficient Ingest
* Efficient Export
* Creation of Timelines & Hierarchy
* Understanding of how various metadata fields can be used to create user filters
* Find ways to provide ease for use of metadata for key digital asset management standards for
* Automated Ingest
* Automated Technical Attribute Validation
* Automated Delivery
* Automated Storage Policy Execution
Experience & Attributes:
* B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience.
* Solid oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
* Must have media/IT technology experience metadata schemas for digital asset management systems
* Must be able to communicate effectively with remote resources within the company and manage/escalate actions appropriately.
* Experience with tape archive management, analog to digital transformations, media asset management, post production, production IT infrastructure.
* 3-5 years of relevant experience in architecture, professional services, media business development, customer facing media operations.
* Experience with large media projects.
* Experience with environments such as Studios, Broadcasters, or other relevant Content Library owners.
* Demonstrated success in a results-focused, aggressive, hard working, high-growth culture, startup experience preferred.
* Excellent organizational, verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to communicate and create recommendations and functional requirements related to metadata systems implementations
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* History of thriving in a multi-tasking environment
* Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PPT, Word
* Experience with film/video production, stock footage, web development, or other related industries a plus.
* Excellent communication, presentation and customer service skills.
* Must be willing to break with established industry thinking and business models; develop new innovative solutions that take advantage of new services, products and commercial models.
Andrea Kalas will be holding interviews at the ALA JobLIST Placement Center at
the Midwinter Meeting in Seattle, Saturday, January 26 and Sunday, January 27,
2013 from 9am - 5pm. Please email Andrea at [log in to unmask] to set up your
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5744/