OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer
library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of
furthering access to the world's information and reducing information costs.
Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate,
acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently
seeking candidates for a Director, Systems Engineering position at our
Corporate Headquarters in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio.
The Director, Systems Engineering will lead the Infrastructure Architecture
team and provide technical leadership for items on the systems governance work
stream. At a program level, those activities
include: Adoption of cloud services with experience with
Infrastructure as a Service for production and development workloads using
multiple providers including Amazon Web Services, Availability / Reliability,
Operational Processes, Computing & Process Infrastructure and Software
* Provides broad infrastructure leadership and expertise by directing research, infrastructure architecture, and evolving service design for globally distributed business services.
* Acts as the lead technical expert for infrastructure architecture and design of operational processes focused on infrastructure domains and processes. Guiding the development of infrastructure roadmaps and collaborates across IT, Global Product management & development to advance these forward.
* Facilitates the transition process, develops the organization's approach and defines the acceptance criteria for service transition. Promotes and monitors project quality outputs to ensure they are fit for purpose and fit for use within operational service.
* Actively engages with technical design and project managers to promote awareness and compliance with infrastructure architecture and processes. Agrees the service acceptance criteria with project/program managers.
* Engages in the appropriate governance processes with internal and external partners to communicate and advocate solution alternatives.
* Utilizes industry and competitive knowledge to apply the most current and appropriate ideas in a forward-looking manner to support the business and to anticipate new opportunities.
* Leads the development of technology architecture, including cloud service adoption strategy, for complex systems, ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
* Coordinates the identification and assessment of new and emerging hardware, software and communication technologies, products, methods and techniques. Evaluates likely relevance of these technologies for the organization.
* Ensures appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services. Coordinates the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
* Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* 10 to 15 years of experience in program/project leadership roles in infrastructure design including cloud service adoption strategies
* Broad and solid technical knowledge while being able to demonstrate success in providing support that meets the business needs of OCLC
* Understanding of product architectures and when they are best suited to a specific product
* Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to manage team members and external business contacts including consultants and vendors
* Masters degree in Business, Computer Science, Library and Information Science or related field is preferred
* Various technology certifications [e.g., Project Management Professional (PMP), ITIL Foundations Certificate, CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), etc.]
* Experience working in a technical capacity within the information management industry is preferred
* Deep understanding of the library, publishing, or educational information technology fields
In order to be considered for this position, you must go to the OCLC Career
Center (Internet) and apply towards Job ID 2212, Director, Systems
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity
employer. OCLC maintains an ongoing commitment to equal
opportunity and seeks to sustain a diverse workplace.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5796/