Do you want to be at the forefront of transforming research libraries' print
collections through new partnerships and approaches to collection management
in an increasingly digital age? If you're eager to work in a dynamic
consortial environment and have a passion for collection management,
stewardship and library collaboration, join us!
The California Digital Library seeks a creative collections analyst to help
reshape the landscape of print collections management among research
libraries. The Shared Print Collections Analyst gathers and analyzes
information about library resources to support decision-making among partner
libraries, including the libraries of the University of California and members
of the Western Regional Storage Trust. The analyst provides support to major
shared print projects such as the UC JSTOR Shared Print Archive, the Western
Regional Storage Trust and emerging initiatives in shared monograph and
federal documents management.
This is a three (3) year contract position, beginning immediately.
* Master's degree in Library and/or Information Science and some years of experience working in a library setting in a collections, technical services, or systems capacity, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Knowledge of library bibliographic data and the evolution of print publishing
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Ability to combine, manipulate and normalize data from diverse sources
* Ability to graphically present summary findings, key characteristics and relationships
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation
* Experience working in an academic research library
* Understanding of current and emerging models for the collection and dissemination of scholarly content
* Familiarity with sources of library and publishing metadata and collection analysis principles
* Experience accessing and retrieving remote data from web services that return bibliographic and usage data such as the OCLC WorldShare Platform Services and APIs
* Experience using library collection analysis tools such as the OCLC Collection Analysis Tool, Ulrich's Serials Analysis System, Ulrich's XML Data and Serials Solutions Knowledgebase.
ABOUT CDL SHARED PRINT
Shared Print is a unit of the California Digital Library's Collection
Development program that serves the libraries of the ten campuses of the
University of California and collaborates extensively on regional and national
efforts among research libraries.
Learn more: http://www.cdlib.org/services/collections/sharedprint/
ABOUT THE WESTERN REGIONAL STORAGE TRUST
The Western Regional Storage Trust (WEST) is a distributed retrospective print
journal repository program serving more than 100 libraries and library
consortia in the Western Region of the United States. The California Digital
Library (CDL) serves as the administrative host for WEST.
Learn more: http://www.cdlib.org/services/west/
ABOUT THE CALIFORNIA DIGITAL LIBRARY
The California Digital Library (CDL) supports the University of California
libraries in their mission of providing access to the world's knowledge for
the UC campuses and the communities they serve. The University of California
library system, which includes more than 100 libraries on ten campuses,
collectively is the largest research/academic library in the world. CDL is
conveniently located in downtown Oakland. More information about CDL is
available at http://www.cdlib.org.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/5325/