Position Title: IT and Systems Administrator
Division: Operations/ Library
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer/ Senior Director of the
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Date: April 16, 2013
The IT and Systems Administrator provides management, consultation and support
for the technology-related systems and services at the Historical Society of
Pennsylvania (HSP). This staff member is responsible for installation,
management, and documentation of HSP's integrated information systems and
- Managing and troubleshooting Windows and Linux server systems that reside on both local and hosted cloud-based infrastructure;
- Managing and troubleshooting network infrastructure that supports data, VoIP devices, wireless access points, and networked printers;
- Securing and protecting devices and data using centralized backup, anti-virus, anti-spam, and cloning services;
- Maintaining and upgrading a variety of services and software: web, email, database, fundraising and accounting applications;
- Maintaining library- and archives-centric applications, such as Archivists' Toolkit, VuFind, Voyager and CollectiveAccess;
- Configuring and troubleshooting workstations, printers, and peripherals, as well as training staff to use hardware and systems;
- Maintaining good relationships with application vendors and developers for digital IT and library projects;
- Taking an active role in organization-wide planning and strategizing digital initiatives at HSP including digital partnerships, software and hardware selection, project support, digital preservation, IT vendor relationships and digital surrogate formats and storage;
- Staying abreast of current trends and emerging technology for library and archives, especially metadata formats such as EAD, MARC, Dublin Core and METS; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, information
management, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education
and/or experience with a minimum of two years of relevant
experience. An MLS/MLIS is preferred but not required. Two
years experience with library/archives systems is strongly
preferred. Excellent written and oral communication skills
are required, as well as the ability to make progress on multiple projects
--Experience with the following hardware is preferred: Cisco, Edgewater, and SonicWall network equipment, Dell and HP workstations, servers and tape systems.
--Experience with the following operating systems is preferred: Windows XP/7/8 workstation, Mac OS, Windows 2003/2008 server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS 5&6.
--Experience with the following database systems is preferred: MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle, Access.
--Experience with the following software is preferred: Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Raiser's Edge, VuFind, Ex Libris/Voyager, Sage MIP, Archivists' Toolkit, CollectiveAccess, VuFind.
--Experience with Drupal CMS, PHP, RDF, EAC and RackSpace Cloud Servers and Files is a plus.
--Experience with web and mobile technologies is preferred.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/7500/