Reporting to the Digital Projects Coordinator, this position organizes
materials for scanning based on established workflow practice. Uses scanner
and scanning software to convert textual and other material formats into
digital images to meet project standards. Performs image treatment as needed
using image treatment or scanner system software. Accurately creates and
assigns metadata based on established rules and conventions.
Responsible for saving and organizing image files for archival storage, must
demonstrate very careful attention to detail to correctly name and relocate
files. Maintains statistical records. Coordinates with other departments to
maintain an efficient workflow for digital projects.
Please note this position is grant funded with an estimated 24 month limited
High school diploma or GED and three years library, customer service, or
* Proficiency with MS Office software, Windows OS and navigating networked computer files
* Proficiency with scanning equipment and software in order to create digital objects that meet project standards
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
* Ability to lift 40 lbs.
* Attention to detail
* Experience working in archives
* Experience with Photoshop or other image editing software
* Three years of library, archives, or relevant experience; or a combination of education and experience.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8841/