Radford University seeks an experienced, enthusiastic, and user-centered
librarian to join its public services team and provide leadership for John P.
McConnell Library's achival collections. This is an
exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial archivist to participate in the
development and evaluation of a thriving University Archive and Special
The Archivist is charged with managing the acquisition and accessioning of
appropriate materials for the archives and building suitable special
collections with regional interest. Responsibilities
include processing, preserving, digitizing, arranging, and describing existing
materials and new acquisitions in all formats. As a member
of the public services team, the Archivist will promote the use of collections
by students, faculty, staff and the general public through reference,
instruction, and information services. This is a twelve-
month non-tenured professional faculty position, which includes
responsibilities for collection development, university service, and
* Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program.
* Minimum of one-year experience working in archives and special collections in a college or university setting.
* Thorough knowledge of archival theories, practices, and procedures.
* Familiarity with Archivist Toolkit or similar system.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Experience preserving, describing, and processing archival materials in a variety of formats.
* Self-motivation and ability to work independently.
* Superior organization skills.
* Familiarity with digital repositories and standards. (CONTENTdm or other repository)
* Adaptability to change.
* Experience working with undergraduate students using archival materials.
* Experience working with undergraduate student workers and interns.
* Experience working with rare book collections.
* Experience working with a university or college archives.
* Knowledge of digitization theory and practice using archival materials.
* Experience working collaboratively with other collections or groups.
* Experience procuring collections.
* Knowledge of Southwest VA and Appalachian history and culture.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To be considered for the position, all applicants must apply online at
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9219/