Under the general direction of the Library Director, the Digital Services
Manager performs specializedduites related to various
technology-related tasks within the Library including
websitedesign/maintenance, programming events for internet-
based customers, social mediapresence/monitoring, staff
training in digital applications, and other similar duties. This position is
alsoprimarily responsible for the Library's computer
servers and network operations including the
Library'sIntegrated Library System (ILS). The Digital
Services Manager interacts primarily with other
staffmembers and company vendors. The Digital Services
Manager is responsible for the supervision of theSystems
staff to include providing work schedules, training, conducting performance
reviews, hiring, anddisciplining. Determining and adhering
to established budgets, tracking of detailed information,
andparticipation in procedure/policy setting are required.
Duties require supervisory skills, independentjudgment, and
The Library expects all employees to observe and develop our core values of:
Motivation, PositiveAttitude, Respect for Others, Strong
Commitment to Customer Service, Sense of Humor, Integrity,
Honesty, Tolerance and Flexibility.
* Maintain the Library's servers and computer network, including the Library's Integrated Library
* System (ILS).
* Support server applications such as the Library's content management systems, email, , staff
* intranet, public computer time management/print management software, staff webcalendar,
* and the System's Department's trouble ticketing system.
* Provide ongoing maintenance of the Library's websites; provide complete renovation to the
* parts of the site according to the Library's long range plan.
* Organize in-house training exercise annually for library staff.
* Provide online programming through the Library's website.
* Support face-to-face young adult programming in technology through participation in Teen Tech
* Week (March).
* Serve on the Library's Social Media Committee to maintain and monitor the Library's social
* media presence.
* Supervise, hire, and train Systems Assistant.
* Complete grant applications for technology-related library initiatives.
* Maintain the Library's participation in the federal e-rate program, completing all paperwork in a
* timely fashion.
* Participate as a member of the Management Team in planning and policy making
* Participate in library associations (especially on the regional and state level) in promoting the
* use of library technologies.
* Create and maintain an appropriate manual of the department's operations.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
**EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:**
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, related specialized training, or extensive experience in
* network operation, basic computer repair and advanced troubleshooting techniques.
* Master's degree in library science from an ALA accredited library school preferred.
* Experience in maintaining servers using Windows and Linux operating systems. Experience with
* virtual server environments preferred.
* Experience developing and maintaining web applications using programming languages and
* relational databases.
* Experience managing open source applications preferred.
* Certification in server, network, and personal computer software and hardware is strongly
* Extensive computer experience with standard office software, including Microsoft Office
* products, email, and internet usage.
* Must be able to meet and maintain Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives (KDLA)
* certification requirements.
* Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) reporting preferred.
* Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving history. Personal transportation that can be used
* for business travel is required.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS: **
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must
bemet by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand for extended periods. Manual dexterity to
manipulate librarymaterials required. Ability to
communicate orally and in writing effectively. Work extensive hours
atthe computer screen. Reaching above shoulder heights,
below the waist or lifting as required to filedocuments or
store materials throughout the work day. Ability to do repetitive tasks with
speed andaccuracy. Employee may need to carry, push, pull,
or lift up to 30 pounds. Proper lifting techniquesrequired.
Push and pull fully loaded (50-100 pounds) book trucks. Ability to work under
pressure,coordinating multiple responsibilities
simultaneously, and meet firm deadlines.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9832/