LYRASIS seeks a highly motivated, experienced Applications Developer and
Repository Specialist to contribute to our dynamic, fast-growing open source
support and technology services department.
The Applications Developer and Repository Specialist will manage and extend
LYRASIS' Islandora-based Repository Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offering.
Responsibilities include: design, develop, test, and document themes and
modules to implement Islandora for members; transform member's existing
metadata and digital objects into forms suitable for loading into Islandora;
provide application support, including ancillary services for Islandora and
Drupal; contribute to the resolution of LYRASIS' Digital Technology Services
(DTS) Help Desk tickets; and provide excellent customer service. Duties also
include working with LYRASIS Digital Technology Services staff and member
stakeholders to understand and refine project functional requirements,
communicating complex issues effectively to internal staff, member staff, and
external vendors. The position will be part of a geographically distributed
team and applications from candidates interested in telecommuting are strongly
* Three to five years related work experience
* Demonstrated proficiency in: custom Drupal module and theme development; PHP application development; MySQL database usage
* Knowledge of library metadata data and services
* Ability to interact with clients and gather requirements on various projects, working in a fast-paced environment with time sensitive projects, and a great attitude
* Ability to work comfortably and effectively in a telecommuting team environment with minimum direction
* Time management skills and organizational ability for project management.
* Excellent communication skills
* Commitment to writing clean, documented code
* Familiarity with Islandora and Fedora Commons
* Experience in libraries and in library web services development
* Knowledge of digital collections-related applications development and maintenance
* Understanding of dynamic or active web content and the use of XML based technologies
* Understanding of Web Standards, Accessibility, Usability/UX & web standards
* Testing software applications on a broad range of browsers and browser versions as part of the application development process as well as when troubleshooting problems experienced by end users.
* Experience with code contribution and version/revision control systems such as Subversion or Git
**Additional Qualifications:** Strong technical skills and the desire to stay abreast of new leading edge technology, the desire to participate in open source activities, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of stakeholders.
**Salary:** Commensurate with experience
A complete job description can be found here: [https://www.lyrasis.org/job/Doc
**Benefits:** LYRASIS' attractive benefits package encourages a harmonious work/life balance including flextime, medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance coverage plans, a company-matched 403B savings plan, annual and sick leave, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, as well as flexible work hours in a virtual work environment.
The Applications Developer and Repository Specialist will work in the Atlanta
office if in the Atlanta, GA, area; telecommuting is an option outside of
To apply, please provide cover letter and resume, referencing job opening, to
[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask]
cations%20Developer%20and%20Repository%20Specialist) or fax to 404.892.7879.
**About LYRASIS:**LYRASIS partners with member libraries and cultural heritage organizations to create, access and manage information with an emphasis on digital content, while building and sustaining collaboration, enhancing operations and technology, and increasing buying power. For more information, please visit www.lyrasis.org.
LYRASIS is an equal opportunity employer. LYRASIS reserves the right to alter
the position overview, with or without notice to the employee. This position
overview is not a contract of employment and does not alter the employment
relationship. Every position overview is subject to
modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/9684/