The Digital Services Librarian, a member of the Digital
Services staff, is primarily responsible for project management and the
creation of HSP's digital collections for both external and internal use. This
includes administering public access to reproductions for publication, media,
and research-use, as well as facilitating reproduction of collection materials
for HSP publications, websites, and projects. This is a full-time,
* Process and coordinate all external and internal rights and reproductions requests, including licensing rights, digital imaging, and "exact-citation photocopy" orders
* Develop and maintain systems for documenting and tracking fulfillment of reproduction orders, including patron communications, invoices, payments, and licenses
* Act as Project Manager for grant-funded and departmental projects
* Schedule and coordinate digitization and metadata workflow with Digital Imaging Technician and/or project staff
* Perform digital image capture and create and manage HSP's digital collections and metadata records
* Identify, retrieve, and re-shelve collection materials for digitization requests
* Participate in the strengthening of HSP's digitization program, including development of standards and guidelines for creating, managing, preserving, describing, and delivering digital collections files, forming digital access partnerships, and participating in fund raising through grant writing
* Hire, train, and supervise project staff, departmental interns, and volunteers
* Increase visibility and facilitate use of HSP's collection materials through web, social media, and blog posts
* Review published works for HSP cited sources and prepare for cataloging
* Help develop HSP copyright policy and serve as a resource for staff on copyright issues
* Serve on HSP staff committees
* Be available to serve rotations at public services tasks
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Graduate library/archives degree from an accredited institution or equivalent degree or professional experience required.
* A minimum of one year related digital collections experience in an archive or special collections library;
* familiarity with image capture equipment and Adobe Creative Suite;
* experience with database management;
* knowledge of metadata standards used in digital collections building (e.g. MODS, METS, VRA Core, Dublin Core, etc.);
* excellent interpersonal, organization, communication, writing, and customer service skills;
* demonstrated project management skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
* experience with Collective Access and Archivists' Toolkit software and familiarity with copyright rules and issues preferred.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
**Applications should include the following:**
* A cover letter outlining why you believe you would be a good applicant for this position
* Current resume, including recent employment and education history
* A list of three references (Please note that HSP will not contact your references until you have been notified).
**Applications or questions should be e-mailed to:**
Digital Collections and Metadata Librarian
Historical Society of Pennsylvania
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
No phone calls, please.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10502/