The technicians will provide archival and collections management services for
our clients on a variety of projects.
* Advanced degree in archives and records management, museum studies, history, library/information science (ALA-accredited) with archives coursework, or related discipline;
* Three years' experience in archives, collections, or records management;
* Knowledge of archival standards for description and digital management (e.g., DACS, Dublin Core, MODS, METS, EAD), principals (e.g., original order, provenance), and trends (e.g., EAC-CPF, MPLP);
* Experience arranging, describing, maintaining, and providing access to archival records which may be complex and diverse (including highly technical documents, photographs in all formats, scrapbooks, ephemera, audio, moving imagery, and digitized and born-digital records);
* Knowledge of laws affecting archival operations, including laws regarding copyright, privacy, and state and federal freedom of information;
* Demonstrated organizational skills;
* Knowledge of conservation treatment procedures for photographs and documents ;
* Experience writing policy, procedure, or reports for all aspects of archival management, including accessioning, tracking, description, housing/re-housing, climate control, access, security, and legal compliance;
* Experience with data management (e.g., MS Excel) and database design, construction, and maintenance (e.g., MS Access, FileMaker, SQL);
* Experience with markup languages and schema, including HTML and XML (e.g., EAD);
* Experience with archival research and knowledge of research methods;
* Previous experience in a federal government and/or military setting.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/10552/