Electronic Resources & Discovery Librarian
The Electronic Resources and Discovery Librarian will provide leadership and a
strategic vision for connecting our extensive electronic resources collections
to our diverse user population via the Library's online catalog, link resolver
and discovery system. Reporting to the Head of Collection Management, this
Faculty Librarian position will play an integral role in the evolution,
development and implementation of new strategies relating to electronic
resource discovery and the user experience.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK:
* Ensure that users have timely and accurate access to the Library's electronic resources, and that information related to electronic resources within the Library's catalog, link resolver and discovery systems are maintained according to industry standards.
* Develop and streamline procedures and workflows for cataloging of electronic resources, including online journals, electronic books, and databases.
* Identify, evaluate and stay current with emerging trends, practices and standards in electronic resource cataloging, metadata, usage statistics, and discovery to enhance access for Duquesne's user community.
* Work with vendors to troubleshoot access problems and continue to stay current with vendors' updated technologies and systems.
* Compile usage data, prepare reports regarding electronic resources, and participate in library assessment activities.
* Develop and maintain collegial relationships with key library departments, as well as with diverse faculty, staff and users.
* Serve as liaison to designated academic department(s); provide instruction and research assistance; assist in selection of materials for the collection, review of library holdings in assigned subject areas, and assist in the writing of accreditation self-study documentation.
* Serve the library and university through participation in committees and task forces.
* Meet the library's requirements for promotion, which includes a commitment to research, professional development and service.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK:
* Master of Library Science (MLS or MLIS) degree from an ALA-accredited institution.
* Two years professional experience working in a library setting or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of integrated library systems, link resolver software, electronic resource management systems and discovery interfaces. (Innovative [III], SFX and EDS preferred).
* Knowledge of cataloging standards such as RDA, AACR2, LCSH, LC classification and MARC formats, as well as standards and initiatives, such as ONIX, SUSHI, OpenURL, and COUNTER.
* Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, coordinate and implement complex projects and services.
* Ability to provide training and instruction in various settings.
* Ability to work in a technological and rapidly changing academic library environment.
* Ability to work collaboratively in a complex environment.
* Strong customer service attitude, as well as a positive, proactive approach to problem-solving.
* Professional experience working in an academic library setting.
* Second Master's degree in an academic discipline, or advanced coursework in librarianship or a discipline relevant to the position.
Applicants must be willing to contribute actively to the University Mission
and to respect the Spiritan Catholic identity of Duquesne University. The
Mission is implemented through a commitment to academic excellence, a spirit
of service, moral and spiritual values, sensitivity to world concerns, and an
ecumenical campus community.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/13042/