(apologies about any cross postings)
The ArchivesSpace team is happy to release version
Please see the documention<https://github.com/archivesspace/archivesspace/blob/master/UPGRADING.md>for
information on how to upgrade your ArchivesSpace installs.
This release includes upgrading Rails to 3.2.18, which addresses an important
It is recommended that users update ArchivesSpace in order to apply this
This release marks a transition from the work performed by Hudson Molongo
<http://www.hudsonmolonglo.com/>on the project to the ArchivesSpace
community. It was a pleasure working with James Bullen, Mark Triggs, Payten
Giles, and Brian Hoffman, and we hope to continue to collobrate with them
in the future.
There was a slight delay in this release, as we found there to be some
performance bottlenecks affecting use of the Archivist Toolkit and Archon
migration tools against large datasets. We believe we have mitigated these
issues to a level that ensures that the data is transferred properly in
a reasonable amount of time.
This release also supports use of the Archon to ArchivesSpace migration
tool and includes the following features and fixes:
- FEATURE #70922880 <https://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70922880>:
Update Rails to address CVE-2014-0130
- FEATURE #64190548 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64190548>:
As an archivist, I want the system to enforce a uniqueness constraint on
the authorized name of an agent
- BUG #67092028 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67092028>: EAD
Converter chokes on some EAD tags being blank.
- BUG #54942792 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/54942792>: EAD
import: some content being imported in two locations
- FEATURE #47693893 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47693893>:
As an Archivist I want Publish? to be set as false on everything when I
first create a record
- FEATURE #65211392 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65211392>:
As a repository manager, I would like to export an EAD with numbered s.
- FEATURE #64905804 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64905804>:
As a repository manager, I would like display of title information to be
consistent for all archival objects in the Public UI
- FEATURE #62805480 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62805480>:
As a repository manager, I would like to make "create / update subject and
agent records" explicit in the group permission options
- FEATURE #65826898 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65826898>:
As a repository manager, I would like to have the option of including
digital objects s in my EAD export.
- FEATURE #67289478 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/67289478>:
Resources do not delete on cascade in MySQL
- FEATURE #47583999 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/47583999>:
As an archivist, I want clearly-labeled buttons for adding events to
- FEATURE #44934349 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/44934349>:
EAC-CPF export: maintenanceAgency mappings / pulling repo context into
- BUG #64176304 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64176304>:
Unpublished component are being displayed component list in public UI.
- FEATURE #65829508 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65829508>:
As a repository manager, when I indicate a record (parent or component)
should not be published, then all components contained within that record
context (all children of the record marked "not published") should not be
published or retrievable via searching.
- FEATURE #65211048 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65211048>:
As a repository manager, I would like the finding aid title to be required
when providing a description of a finding aid.
- BUG #64828088 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64828088>:
MARCXML Import should allow a MARCXML record with date type = "s" to have a
null second date.
- FEATURE #61361744 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/61361744>:
Support importing of large sets of MARCXML records
- FEATURE #64190600 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64190600>:
As an archivist, I want the importer to match incoming records to existing
agents if possible, creating new agent records if no match is found
- BUG #64175554 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64175554>:
Staff side searches are not constrained to selected scope
- FEATURE #51597537 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/51597537>:
As an Repository Manager or Administrator, I want to be able to configure
what appears in browse screens
- FEATURE #65588076 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65588076>:
Add REST endpoint to get ASpace Backend Information
- FEATURE #65587716 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65587716>:
Add REST endpoint to suspend indexer
- BUG #59985522 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/59985522>:
Windows: application cannot resolve gem paths if pathname has any spaces in
- FEATURE #64190840 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64190840>:
As an archivist, I don't want an agent to have two identical alternative
- BUG #68437254 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68437254>:
Cannot save resource component that has attached digital objects.
- BUG #64855666 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64855666>:
Importing a set of MARCXML records results in the date statement for each
MARC record being recorded in all of the MARC records imported from the set.
- BUG #66596734 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66596734>: As
a repository manager, I do not want suppressed records (accession,
resource, resource component, digital object, and digital object
components) to be "cast" to the public UI.
- FEATURE #65477970 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65477970>:
As a repository manager, I would like to change to "Indirect " the term
"Inverted" now present in the Name Order enum list in the Name Form template
- FEATURE #65475942 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65475942>:
As a repository manager, I want personal names to import in Indirect order
when occurring as such in the source record.
- FEATURE #64336538 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/64336538>:
As an archivist. I want to be able to view digital objects in staff UI the
same way they render in public UI.
- FEATURE #62787364 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/62787364>:
Public UI should render index items in a way that allows users to navigate
to the designated note
- BUG #68450066 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68450066>:
Event records are unlinked from context record when context record is
- FEATURE #68863136 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68863136>:
Add Shutdown Hook that can be invoked in JVM
- BUG #65282410 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65282410>: Am
not able to suppress an accession record that contains either a linked
agent or a linked location.
- FEATURE #65515468 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65515468>:
As a repository manager, I want to remove the "Dates" field from the Name
Form template for Persons, Families, and Corporations.
- FEATURE #68989280 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68989280>:
Only display "dates" in agent records if data is present. If there is not
data already existing, don't display the field.
- BUG #68543726 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68543726>:
Column control-group values are not correct (for rows 2 and higher) after a
user has used the "Reorder Columns" feature
- BUG #69259490 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/69259490>:
ARCHIVESSPACE_VERSION not found in Tomcat deployments
- FEATURE #65515152 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/65515152>:
As a repository manager, I want to restrict date type in the Exist and
Usage date templates to 1) Single date and 2) Date Range.
- FEATURE #68863168 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/68863168>:
Improved LCNAF query
- BUG #70784798 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/70784798>: Fix
performance issues with migration
- CHORE #66974808 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66974808>:
For digital object file display, remove the link between xlink attributes
and display in public UI.
- CHORE #63339564 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/63339564>:
- CHORE #66533444 <http://www.pivotaltracker.com/story/show/66533444>:
Look at using saxerator for EAD converter
ArchivesSpace 1.0.7 is open source software; the application and its
source code are available on Github. Build instructions and technical
documentation <http://archivesspace.github.com/archivesspace/doc/> are also
provided for the more technically inclined.
ArchivesSpace is also a member-supported community. Lists of current
members are posted at http://www.archivesspace.org/members. If you are
interested in becoming a member, please send a request to
[log in to unmask]
Chris Fitzpatrick | Developer, ArchivesSpace
Skype: chrisfitzpat | Phone: 918.236.6048