Bridgewater State University
Bridgewater State University is seeking applicants for the
position of Systems Librarian.
The Systems Librarian works collaboratively with others to identify, develop,
deploy, and manage new and existing technologies (hardware, software, virtual
and cloud-based) to support library services, teaching and learning. The
Systems Librarian is creative, progressive, service-oriented professional with
strong commitment to problem-solving, training, and developing accurate
1) Administers the integrated library system (Voyager from Ex Libris), which
includes but is not limited to planning for upgrades, implementing upgrades,
quality control, client troubleshooting, developing customizations, patron
record loads, liaises with vendor.
2) Provides technical expertise, day-to-day administration, and broad support
for traditional and emerging library hardware and software solutions and
standards. Liaises with the Information Technology division.
3) Develops, establishes and oversees procedures and work standards for
maintenance, troubleshooting, problem reporting and tracking. Collaborates
with Information Technology division as needed.
4) Administers a variety of virtual and physical environments, including but
not limited to proxy server, storage server(s), and production server(s), in
collaboration with other librarians and the Information Technology division.
5) Participates in the design, coordination, and support of statistical and
managerial reports to support assessment of services and resources.
6) Keeps current with developments in technologies; researches and tests their
value and use; investigates and recommends for use or purchase technologies to
augment library services, teaching and learning, and research support.
7) Provides oversight and long-range planning for library application software
8) Works collaboratively with others on systems-related, technology-related,
and digitally-based projects.
9) Advises on and implements training for librarians and library staff on
appropriate library applications and technologies.
10) Provides written reports, analyses, and documentation for the library
11) Maintains broad knowledge of operating systems, programming languages, and
12) Attends, actively participates and works with librarians and library staff
to enable library systems support.
13) May lead technology-related groups and/or actively participate as a
systems representative to library and campus committees and groups.
14) Serves as a subject liaison to one or more academic programs, centers, or
15) Represents the library on campus-, regional-, and statewide committees.
16) Serves as a member of the professional staff and carries out other tasks
in the library as time and schedule permit, including attending staff meetings
and participating on committees.
17) Engages in scholarly pursuits and other professional activities in
accordance with the MSCA contract guidelines for promotion and
1) Master's degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA accredited
2) Three (3) years professional experience with library systems, network
administration, academic technology, and new technology development at an
academic institution, large public library, or special library.
3) Experience using a wide variety of platforms, applications, hardware, and
4) Facility to work with others collaboratively or to work independently as
required or needed.
5) Ability to think and work strategically, set priorities, and adapt quickly
to changing environmental needs.
6) Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational
1) Second master's degree in a related discipline.
2) Demonstrated experience using the Ex Libris Voyager system.
3) Experience managing, implementing or integrating link resolvers and ILS
4) Second language facility.
5) Demonstrated scholarly activity or progress.
To view a full description of the position and application instructions please
go to: jobs.bridgew.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56694
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/18109/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/