Library Technology & Digital Strategies Librarian
Art Institute of Chicago
The Ryerson and Burnham Libraries of the Art Institute of Chicago seek a
highly collaborative, forward-thinking, and service-oriented Library
Technology and Digital Strategies Librarian to provide leadership and
direction for innovative services and technologies.
The Library Technology and Digital Strategies Librarian is a key member of the
Ryerson and Burnham Libraries' administration responsible for maintaining
high-quality, robust systems that facilitate search, discovery, preservation,
and the delivery of library services and resources to the entire Art Institute
of Chicago campus. The Librarian provides leadership and vision for the
enhancement, extension, and integration of the Libraries' technology and tools
in support of research, scholarship, teaching, and learning. The Librarian
will lead in the creation and maintenance of web-deliverable information that
supports existing public and digital services and develop service innovations
utilizing technologies and customer service expertise. The Librarian provides
technical expertise for evaluating external service providers, application
development, project management, risk management, and strategic planning. The
Librarian is the primary technology strategist for the Libraries and works
collaboratively with all library department heads and other directors/managers
in the Art Institute of Chicago organization.
MLS from ALA-accredited institution or equivalent degree required, with 2-5
years professional experience. Background in the visual
arts and experience providing access to digital resources highly desirable.
Experience or knowledge
* Familiarity with current and emerging trends in digital library technologies and infrastructure.
* Knowledge and understanding of integrated library systems (Innovative preferred) and related search and discovery products and digital repositories.
* Experience with planning and implementing ILS migrations preferred.
* Familiarity with digital asset management systems, digital preservation systems, and the OAIS reference model.
* Familiarity with best practices in digital asset management, discovery, and preservation.
* Knowledge and understanding of library systems, workflows, and operations; experience with web-based programs and server management.
* Experience with original cataloging and knowledge of metadata and bibliographic schema (e.g. EAD, MARC, Dublin Core).
* Experience with ILLiad, Mac iOS, Adobe Suite, server management.
* Experience in/familiarity with preparing technology-related RFPs and grants.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/23708/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/