Digitization & Preservation Projects Manager (term)
New York City
Columbia University Libraries seek a Digitization and Preservation Projects
Manager in the Preservation and Digital Conversion Division of the Libraries
for a temporary three year appointment.
The Digitization and Preservation Projects Manager manages special projects,
primarily larger digitization projects carried by vendors, of published
materials, archival collections, and audiovisual materials; also as
appropriate, inventory projects and projects to improve the content of CLIO
that are related to digitization efforts. The incumbent reports to the
Director, Preservation and Digital Conversion Division.
- Under general guidance from the Director, design, document, and manage project workflows, procedures, statistics, and polices. Assist in selection of vendors and developing vendor contracts.
- Supervise and train support staff and student assistants; assign work, coordinate flow of materials; act as liaison to other CUL units involved in projects.
- Act as liaison to vendors, resolve problems, assure schedules are met, and assure services meet quality and technical specifications.
- Assist with annual ingest of Internet Archive e-books into HathiTrust; assist other units with inventory and other projects; assist with other PDCD activities as needed, including disaster response.
- MLS or equivalent
- In-depth knowledge of MS Excel and/or similar tools
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a library or archives
- Project management experience
- Commitment to supporting and working in a diverse environment
- Ability to work with bibliographic records in a variety of languages
- Knowledge of bibliographic control policies and procedures
- Familiarity with library and archives preservation, including audiovisual
- Familiarity with library and archives digitization
- Familiarity with collection maintenance policies and procedures
- Experience with digitizing library and archives materials
- Collection maintenance experience
- Experience with preservation
As one of the world's leading research universities, Columbia University in
the City of New York provides outstanding opportunities to work and grow in a
dynamic multicultural intellectual community. The Columbia University
Libraries/Information Services comprises a diverse, collegial and engaged
staff committed to furthering the University's teaching and research mission
through innovation, leadership, collaboration and professionalism.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and
strongly encourages individuals of all backgrounds and cultures to consider
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/25223/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/