Ruby on Rails/Blacklight Developer
We are looking for a contract developer to make modifications to Spotlight, a
plug-in for Blacklight, an application written in Ruby on Rails. The project
we have in mind is with an academic library handling large amounts of data and
separating it into collections.
At iFactory, you will join a team of friendly and talented experts in web
design, web development, information architecture, user experience, and
strategy. You will work on projects for leading clients in higher education,
publishing, non-profit, and healthcare. Some of our
developers work in our open office in downtown Boston; some of our developers
work out of our office in Maine. We are open to developers
working remotely. This position is for a single project
currently, but it may expand to a full-time role for the right candidate.
* Work with a functional specification, wireframes, and HTML/CSS/jQuery to create a beautiful, functional website with a user-friendly editor experience using Ruby on Rails and related technologies, including Blacklight and Spotlight.
* Communicate with clients and team members about best practices for building efficient, extensible, standards-based websites.
* Ruby on Rails
* REST APIs
* Version control (we use git)
* Fluid responsive development
* Accessibility (Section 508, WCAG 2.0)
* Front-end frameworks (Foundation, Bootstrap, Responsive Grid System)
* Performance optimization
* Web standards
* Sass / Less
* Write clean, organized code
* Ability to explain approaches
* Good sense of technical judgment
* Problem solver
* Ability to handle multiple projects
* 2+ years as a web developer in a professional setting.
Compensation is commensurate with skill level. Please send resume and at least
3 code samples to **[log in to unmask]**. Absolutely no phone calls. RDW Group,
Inc./iFactory is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minority candidates are
encouraged to apply.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26307/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/