Instructional Design Librarian
Lyndon State College
**Instructional Design Librarian
Lyndon State College
To develop and administer College instructional technology resources and
services to support teaching and learning; to provide appropriate training for
faculty and staff in the use of instructional and presentation technologies
and software; to provide instructional design support to faculty; to carry out
professional library responsibilities; to provide leadership in the planning,
coordination, and delivery of the Library's information literacy education and
• Plan, implement, manage, and administer instructional technology resources
to support teaching and learning.
• Provide faculty professional development opportunities in effective and
innovative applications of technology, including instructional design support
for on-campus and distance courses.
• Develop and administer media service operating policies and procedures.
• Act as local system administrator of the College Learning Management System
• Collaborate with faculty to develop on-line/hybrid/flipped courses and
course content and advise on pedagogical best practices.
• Hire, train and oversee the students for the LMS helpdesk.
• Manage information literacy and instruction for academic research.
• Create digital learning content, including online research guides and video
• Create and maintain online research guides including the LibGuides Content
Management System (CMS).
• Maintain the library website by updating and creating new content.
• Maintain the library social media accounts.
• Serve on the VSC OPAC and Teaching Learning Technology working groups.
• Master's in Library Science from an ALA-accredited program or master's in
Educational Technology or Instructional Design, plus 2 to 4 years of
experience in a related field.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Knowledge of teaching methodologies and learning theories.
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, standards, and their applications to
• Expert knowledge in the use of a wide array of technology products,
including multimedia and web writing tools, imaging and video software,
authoring tools and information retrieval using the internet is essential.
• Ability to deal effectively with and represent the College to a broad range
of individuals/groups within and outside of the College.
• Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of faculty
• Understanding of the Moodle learning management system
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering training programs and
workshops on teaching methods and technology utilization in the classroom
• Online teaching experience
• Experience in the systematic design of instruction for online
blended/hybrid, and flipped courses
• Knowledge of ADA compliance in online and blended/hybrid courses
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26614/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/