St. Louis County Library
Coordinates and provides quality services for children and teens to promote
reading and learning in support of the Library's mission.
1. Coordinates branch programs and services for youth and caregivers.
2. Plans, prepares, schedules, and presents programs for youth ages 0-17 in
order to support the Library's mission to offer quality programs for children
and teens which promote reading and learning.
3. Supports the manager in being a liaison to childcare providers,
homeschoolers, schools, and educators to encourage their new and continued use
of Library services.
4. Compiles accurate statistics and writes evaluative reports for the branch
regarding programming and resources.
5. Provides Readers' Advisory and Reference service for youth ages 0-17 and
their caregivers to assist them in making the best use of Library resources.
6. Performs duties as delegated by the Manager to provide support to branch
Master's in Library Science
Three years experience planning and implementing youth programs
Must possess a commitment to a high level of public service to Library
customers and staff
Must possess excellent communication and organization skills
Working knowledge of literature for youth ages 0-17
Must possess a valid drivers license
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Ability to stand for up to 8 hours per shift
Ability to bend to very low shelves or reach to very high shelves when
retrieving Library materials
Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
Ability to push a full cart of book or other Library materials
Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to operate various types of Library equipment
Ability to use a pc, word processing, and e-mail
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/26601/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/