The search has been extended for a Library Application Support Consultant for CARLI, to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of library processes and services among the members of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI).The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for consortium members as they seek, access, and use CARLI services.
Application information and a more complete job description are available at https://www.carli.illinois.edu/library-application-support-consultant-carli or from the University of Illinois job board at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/employment/job-board/details?jobID=91348&job=library-application-support-consultant-carli.
I encourage you to take a look at the posting, consider it yourself, and forward to colleagues who you think would be good candidates. The closing date for applications is April 30, 2018.
Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI)
100 Trade Centre Drive, Suite 303
Champaign, IL 61820-7233
[log in to unmask]
University of Illinois System
Library Application Support Consultant- SEARCH EXTENDED
The System Office seeks a Library Application Support Consultant to, increase the efficiency and effectiveness of library processes and services among the members of the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois (CARLI). CARLI is a consortium of 134 libraries in Illinois which collectively provide services to 92% of the students enrolled in higher education in the state. The incumbent will use a variety of technologies, along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, to provide the best possible experience for consortium members as they seek, access, and use CARLI services. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Work as a member of the System Services group to provide reliable and cost-effective support for CARLI-supported systems that enable statewide sharing of library materials and access to electronic resources for CARLI member libraries. Perform ongoing operating tasks that maintain system functionality, data quality, and security including implementation, technical support, and ongoing upgrades to systems.
2. Work with CARLI management, staff, and CARLI committees to evaluate, document, and define needs and improvements for CARLI systems, services, and workflows. Research new tools, techniques, and technologies to improve the efficiency of CARLI and the member libraries, to solve specific problems and/or address the changing needs of CARLI libraries. Advise CARLI management, via oral or written reports, on the advisability of and options for adopting such tools, techniques, and technologies.
3. Analyze and refine requirements for enhancements and extensions to CARLI’s library systems. Design solutions that provide integrated, efficient, and robust functionality. Create detailed software development specifications for complex systems and processes. Test and implement solutions.
4. Document his/her work and cross-train other CARLI staff as needed. As appropriate, participate in developing and presenting member library staff training and tutorials.
5. Maintain up-to-date professional knowledge and skills in areas related to primary job assignment as well as maintaining general knowledge of current trends in academic libraries, information and educational technology, and higher education. As appropriate, represent the consortium on external professional association committees and groups.
6. Oversee technical compliance with University and departmental policies and standards with respect to the implementation of new technologies and systems.
7. Perform other duties as assigned appropriate for a Library Application Support Consultant.
Preferred qualifications include: degree concentration in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field; experience in using and supporting the following types of library services and systems: link resolvers, digital object management systems, institutional repository management systems, and discovery services; experience working in a consortial library resource sharing environment; experience with implementing library management systems and migrating data; experience or training with BIBFRAME and Linked Data, Dublin Core, and other existing/emerging data exchange protocols, standards, and formats; experience working in library technical services (acquisitions, cataloging, serials) and/or access services/interlibrary loan services in an academic library environment; experience with integrating a wide variety of third-party applications with library information systems; understanding of authentication and authorization technologies common to libraries including Shibboleth; experience in project management; experience in preparing documentation; and experience in developing and presenting training programs for library staff.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by April 30, 2018 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
The System Offices conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
System Human Resource Services
[log in to unmask]
The system offices is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. The system offices welcome applications from women, underrepresented minorities, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/29152-library-application-support-consultant