Apologies for cross-posting!
I am asking for recommendations.
We are looking a better solution for our marketing team's photograph collection.
Photographs are taken by staff at events and are uploaded into folders on servers with little/no information attached. Our marketing staff is frustrated with how much time it takes to sort through these for usable images, sometimes hours.
After looking at several options I've determined that:
1) Image management software on a PC may not be enough of a solution.
2) A full blown digital management system seems to be too overkill for the project.
We need the ability for multiple people to:
- Quickly catalog, tag, group, and/or label photos and videos.
- Easily filter and search metadata by date, location, subject, permissions, rightsd, and purpose.
- Export batch images to email, social media sites, and storage.
- Adding metadata formatting in a batch would be a big plus.
Any system or workflow we choose needs to be sustainable and portable using large numbers of items.
Web Applications Developer
Poudre River Public Library District
301 E. Olive Street
Fort Collins, Colorado 80524
[log in to unmask]