Director of Library Services Position Announcement
Inman Page Library, Lincoln University of Missouri
Lincoln University of Missouri invites nominations and applications for the position Director of Library Services. The Director of Library Services works to enhance the Lincoln University educational experience and to collaborate on a vision for the evolving role of the library in learning, teaching, and research. Inman E. Page Library’s mission is to serve as the primary educational resource center of Lincoln University, supporting the curricular and research needs of the institution. The next director has the unique opportunity to shape the development and growth of the library and to reimagine the strategic goals and shape a shared vision for the library that will support the university’s academic mission. The new director must be an effective leader of a strong and talented library staff, while judiciously managing the library’s resources. The director will collaborate closely with campus leaders to align and integrate the library with academic life on campus.
The Director of Library Services manages and oversees all operations, planning, and budgeting for the library; coordinates provision of library resources; chairs the Library and Information Science department: supervises staff; and serves as an official contact point representing the library for the community and university.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
· Planning, budgeting, and acquisitions for library materials, technology, and management of the library
· Working collaboratively with university personnel, community entities, and students to provide high quality services, access to current technology, and learning resources to support university curriculum, policies, and goals
· Overseeing and heading the Library and Information Science minor program
· Supervising, evaluating, and encouraging professional development of all library employees
· Participating in national, regional, and local committees, meetings, and functions related or useful to the university and the library
· Providing guidance and vision for a selective depository library of government documents from the Federal Depository Library Program
· Collaborating with University Archives to enhance researcher access to archival materials and unique collections of African American monographs
· Supporting and providing strategic guidance for Blue Tiger Commons, Lincoln University's institutional repository
· Encouraging and promoting provision of auxiliary cultural events, including but not limited to historical displays, speakers, discussion forums, or galleries.
The Director of Library Services supervises 10.5 FTE library faculty and staff and recommends persons to the president of Lincoln University for hiring or termination based on University policies and procedures.
· ALA accredited MLIS (Master of Library and Information Science) or international equivalent. (Required)
· Additional subject Master’s or PhD (Preferred)
· Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible work experience in a library or research environment (Required)
· Experience as an effective supervisor in a library setting (Required)
· Evidence of effective budget development and management (Required)
· Current awareness of assessment tools; ability to use data to evaluate programs and services (Required)
· Ability to develop and articulate a strategic plan (Required)
· Strong understanding of the issues of scholarly communication, open access, and other challenges facing the 21st
century academic library (Preferred)
· Salary: $63,500
Position Deadline: For best consideration applications should be submitted by June 30, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Please submit the following to Human Resources -Lincoln University, 101 Young Hall PO Box 29, Jefferson City, MO 65102-0029 or email to [log in to unmask]
1. Lincoln University Employment Application
2. List of 5 references (part of the required LU Application Form)
3. Cover Letter
4. Resume/Curriculum Vitae
5. Transcripts (may be unofficial, but must provide official transcripts upon hire)
Incomplete application packets will not be considered.
Lincoln University is "An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/ADA Employer"
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/33498-director-of-library-services