We are now accepting submissions for the Spring/Summer 2022 issue of the VRA Bulletin! Please share this information widely with your networks. The VRA Bulletin is an open access journal<https://online.vraweb.org/index.php/vrab> with an option for peer review. Topics of interest to our readers range anywhere from image management and digital collections, to visual/media literacy and GLAM exhibitions.
Some suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
* Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
* 35mm and lantern slides
* Commercial vendors
* Digital curation
* Technology, Research, and Instruction
* Intellectual Property
* Cataloging and Metadata
Are you presenting at a conference in the coming months? Could your paper or poster be expanded into an article? Do you have an idea for a case study or opinion piece? We highly encourage graduate students and new professionals to submit their work. Reach out to Jasmine directly to chat about the publishing process!
Because the Bulletin offers a hybrid peer review model, we can offer staggered submission deadlines based on whether or not an author is seeking peer review for their submission:
* Deadline for peer articles seeking peer review: April 1, 2021
* Deadline for articles not seeking peer review: May 1, 2021
*If you’re interested in serving as a peer reviewer, please volunteer via email by writing to the Content Editor, Jasmine Burns at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
The Bulletin publishes a wide range of article types that correspondingly range in length – some rough guidelines to keep in mind (though these can be flexible!):
* Feature articles: 2,000 – 5,000 words
* Perspectives (opinion pieces): 1,000 – 3,000 words
* Case studies & project updates: 500 – 2,000 words
* Reviews: 250 – 1,000 words
* Association news & reports – any length
There are two ways to get started publishing in the VRA Bulletin:
1. If you’d like to run your article idea by the editors before getting started, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Content Editor, Jasmine Burns ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)
2. If your article is written and ready-to-go, upload it directly to our online journal system by following these instructions<https://online.vraweb.org/index.php/vrab/about/submissions>.
We look forward to receiving your submissions!
Jasmine Burns, Content Editor
Amy Lazet, Production Editor