The IT Application Developer Senior is a critical and integral position that will work closely and as part of the EDIMS (document management) team in assisting departments with special IT projects to propose various development approaches or models. The position will build, check and control outputs with EDIMS and other internal and external systems. The ability to analyze business processes and requirements and software / system functionality is also important. You will develop, test and implement custom software applications, interfaces and training materials in support of IT applications. You must be able to work independently and with teams. The ideal candidate will have the ability to effectively negotiate with customer solutions to resolve complex service issues and troubleshoot application performance issues.
• Experience with responsive web design
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience using APIs and SDKs (Software Development Kits)
• Experience versioning and deploying code using Github
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop, test, debug, modify and implement advanced custom software applications according to technical requirements and specifications for software solutions.
2. Build, check, control, and create outputs and interfaces and integrate highly complex internal and external systems.
3. Establish application development lifecycle and code development standards.
4. Maintain and improve custom applications and interfaces.
5. Document application training requirements.
6. Write, maintain, and store documentation.
7. Follow testing and validation policies, standards, processes, and procedures.
8. Analyze business processes and requirements, use cases, wire frames, technical specifications and software/system functionality.
9. Follow and/or assist with the development of custom test plans for software development, integration, upgrades, enhancements, fixes, and operations/maintenance.
10. Design and recommend redesign of business function models.
11. Serve as the point of contact for technical issues on projects, support and maintenance issues.
12. Participate in architecture planning and strategy sessions.
13. Ensure security and data protection requirements are followed
14. May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Please apply online: https://www.austincityjobs.org/postings/76237
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/34167-it-application-developer-sr