Job Title: Library Systems Analyst
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Scale: $56,203.47-$71,196.88
The Library is open every day of the week and as such the successful
candidate must be able to work different shifts, including weekends.
The Library Systems Analyst is responsible for analyzing and developing
information systems to support the effective delivery of Library
services and resources and for the design and implementation of related
programs and applications. From time to time, this position will also
assist other operating units in the University with systems-related
* Successful completion of a post-secondary degree program in Computer
Science or a related discipline. A minimum of 2 years experience with
various software development processes (SDLC, RAD), as well as
experience with object-oriented programming and development of efficient
large-date processing algorithms (sorting, recursive, binary, trees,
etc.). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be
* Programming expertise in object-oriented languages such as C++, Java,
* Proficiency in web interface design, development and web technologies,
languages and applications such as ColdFusion, PHP, XHTML, XML, ,
* Knowledge and experience of operating systems such as Unix/Linux,
Windows and Mac and the implementation and ongoing maintenance of server
* Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
* A demonstrated commitment to client service – specifically students,
staff, faculty and external contacts; superior interpersonal skills,
tact, diplomacy, and ability to maintain positive working relationships
with colleagues throughout the university.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills are needed to
effectively document systems and procedures and to discuss and present
complex technical information in both lay and technical terms.
* Ability to handle concurrent tasks productively, often under severe
* Willingness to maintain technical skills at “state of the art”, to
adapt to changes in technology or skill sets fundamental to the job.
Candidates may be asked to demonstrate qualifications through
occupational testing. Candidates must have a demonstrated record of
dependability/reliability and a commitment to maintain confidentiality.
Deadline to Apply: Monday December 7, 2009(4:30pm)
To apply see the official posting:
University website: http://www.ryerson.ca
Library website: http://www.ryerson.ca/library/
Innovative Technologies Librarian
Ryerson University Library & Archives
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, ON M5B 2K3