Entrepreneurial and user-focused, the Business/Data Librarian will develop
strong relationships with Lehigh faculty and students to further their
research, teaching and learning.
The successful candidate will:
* Develop and evaluate library business and economics electronic resources and data services for curricular and research needs.
* Provide instructional programs and research assistance, including course-integrated instruction, seminars, course-embedded assistance, orientation, and consulting with individual faculty and students.
* Coordinate licensing, purchasing, renewal and documentation for databases licensed by the College of Business of Business and Economics for College use, in concert with faculty and staff.
* Provide data support to faculty and students, primarily in the College of Business and Economics (CBE), including data exporting and importing, and discovery of and documentation for datasets.
* Serve ex officio on the CBE faculty database committee, working with faculty to select, purchase and manage resources and data in support of their own teaching and research.
* MS in Library/Information Science or equivalent combination of education and experience; subject background in the social sciences, business or economics.
* Knowledge of and experience with statistical software, specifically STATA, SAS, or SPSS. Experience with research datasets and data management preferred.
* Three to five years related work experience.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, as well as motor vehicle driving record and credit history depending on the specific requirements of the position.
* Commencement of review of applications extended to Dec. 1, 2015. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Salary in the upper 50's to mid 60's.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/23845/
To post a new job please visit http://jobs.code4lib.org/