This is a tenure track faculty position, reporting to the Library Director.
This vital position supports, enhances, implements and maintains a wide range
of technologies and systems to provide robust library services and access to
collections. In addition, the systems librarian is expected to participate in
professional development activities and to provide occasional back-up
reference and information services to the Eastern Oregon University community.
The Systems Librarian is responsible for
- Working with the Orbis Cascade alliance to implement, and then provide ongoing management for the integrated library system (we will be migrating from Evergreen to Ex Libris Alma/Primo).
- Designing, programming, supporting and updating Library web pages.
- Providing support and enhancement for a variety of other library systems, including the link resolver, proxy server, authentication system, ILL software, real time reference software, and pay-for-print system.
- Establishing, maintaining, and supporting access from on and off campus to electronic resources, including collection and maintenance of usage statistics.
- Developing and managing the Library's digital assets.
- Developing integration between library systems and other campus or cloud-based systems (such as the LMS, currently Blackboard).
- Keeping abreast of emerging technologies; sharing that knowledge with library colleagues; and making recommendations for library IT solutions.
• Master's degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school (or
expected completion within 9 months).
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Expertise in the use of electronic resources, Integrated Library Systems,
Internet access, web protocols, technology instruction and computer
• Library work experience, preferably in the library systems area
• Ability to initiate and maintain effective working relationships
• Undergraduate level coursework or equivalent experience in computer systems
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8344/