Are you an experienced professional with a passion for collection development
and robust experience in building partner relationships? Do you want to lead
the expansion of the Europeana cultural data repository and strengthen our
network of content providers and aggregators? Would you like to work in an
English-speaking international team? Then come and join Europeana.
Europeana is a catalyst for change for cultural heritage. We have been
transformative in opening up data and access to cultural heritage and now lead
the world in accessible digital culture that will fuel Europe's digital
economy. We ensure that every citizen, whether young or old, privileged or
deprived, can be a digital citizen. Through Europeana and its Network today,
anyone can explore 27 million digitised objects including books, paintings,
films and audio.
Our office is based in the National Library of Netherlands in The Hague. You
will work on a wide variety of European projects together with a network
cultural institutions and creative industries from all over Europe to provide
new forms of access to culture.
The mission of the Aggregation Team is to expand and improve Europeana
cultural data repository and to strengthen Europeana aggregation
infrastructure in relation to content providers and local aggregators.
What will be the core responsibilities of this job? As Team Leader for
Aggregation you will be responsible for:
* Leading and coaching our team of ingestion specialists and community coordinators to built the best trusted repository of cultural data in Europe
* Improving and developing the collections in the Europeana repository
* Developing a strong sense of community within our network of content providers and aggregators and represent and advocate their position within the Europeana ecosystem
* Develop a sense of shared ownership of the code, data, and infrastructure of Europeana based on the principles of the 'Cultural Commons'
* Building strong relations with the museums, libraries, archives and publishers who contribute data to Europeana, advocate the merits of open data, and to deliver tangible value back to our partners
* Guiding and supervising our aggregation processes and ingestion flows, ensuring continuous improvement and quality of the tools throughout each phase of the process
As Team Leader you will also be responsible for
* Coordinating resource allocation and budgets
* Coordinating performance appraisal and individual development for team members
* Providing guidance and coaching support to team members
* Facilitate communication and info sharing within the team
* Represent the team within the organization and externally, facilitating connections between the team and the rest of the organization/network
What set of skills, knowledge and experience should you bring?
* University degree
* A passion for culture and a strong understanding of collection development
* Knowledge of metadata and Ingestion techniques in the sector we operate (Cultural heritage) with focus on interoperability challenges
* Previous experience in data aggregation and collection development preferably in the Europeana network
* Coaching and team management skills
* Ability to motivate people, communicate and engage with different stakeholders
* Fluent in English both oral and written
* Process oriented and ability to work well under pressure
* A robust work experience of minimum 6 years in partner relationship roles, of which at least 3 in a management position
* Experience in managing medium and large sized teams
* Previous experience in an international and complex environment
What are the benefits?
You will have a good basic salary, which is in line with the Collective Labour
agreement for Research Institutes Scale 12, depending on your experience and
skills. Your monthly gross salary will be between EURO 4,042 - 5,048.
Furthermore you will have: 42 days holiday per year, a holiday allowance
(around 8%) and an annual bonus (around 8%).
It's also important to know that we are based in the National Library of the
Netherlands in The Hague, close to Central Station. Willingness to travel is
required for this job due to our European agenda of activities and projects.
How to apply?
Send us your CV (in English) with a covering letter outlining what interests
you about this position
to:[[log in to unmask]](mailto:[log in to unmask])
Should you have any additional questions or require more information before
deciding to apply, please send us an email.
You should respond before July 7.
More about us
For more information see:
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8590/