The University of Missouri Libraries is seeking qualified applicants for the
position of E-Learning Librarian. Reporting to the Associate Director for
Research & Information Services, this position is responsible for promoting
the convergence of E-Learning with services and resources of the MU Libraries
on multiple levels.
About the Position: The E-Learning Librarian will develop
MU Libraries' e-learning initiatives to serve the e-learning environment for
the University of Missouri. Duties will include planning, coordination, and
communication across the campus and within the libraries to advance the MU
Libraries' presence within the electronic aspects of MU coursework. Specific
responsibilities include assisting librarians in the technical and pedagogical
aspects of e-instruction, coordinating online tutorials for library users, and
working with academic support staff to promote the use of library resources by
students and faculty.
The full position description can be accessed at: http://mulibraries.missouri.
Compensation: Salary minimum is $40,000, commensurate with
qualifications and experience.
* Masters degree from an American Library Association accredited program
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work as a member of a team
* Demonstrated expertise and success promoting teamwork and fostering collaborative relationships
* Demonstrated success, understanding and education in the use of information technologies, information management tools, online course management tools, web 2.0 technologies and other technologies related to e-learning
* Demonstrated ability to understand and embrace emerging library-related software programs and technologies
* Experience using online course software such as Blackboard, Sakai, and Moodle
* Program development expertise
* Ability to multi task and prioritize work
* Excellent presentation, instruction, and communication skills
* Possess an understanding of the non-traditional college experience and the ability to offer reference and instructional services in a distributed environment.
* Demonstrated participation in professional activity, such as presentations, publications, or other professional development that will enhance the candidates' value to the MU Libraries, the university, and the profession of librarianship, or the scholarly community.
* Experience developing and presenting technology sessions for faculty
* Experience in education and/or instruction
* Working knowledge of Information Literacy Competency Skills for Higher Education; teaching experience and/or successful completion of formal education focused on teaching methodologies
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8758/