The Arizona Geological Survey (AZGS) is seeking to hire Project Coordinators
to assist with a community building process, designed to identify, test, and
evaluate scenarios for governance for cyberinfrastructure of the Geosciences
as part of the EarthCube initiative. More information on EarthCube is
available at http://earthcube.ning.com and http://www.nsf.gov/geo/earthcube/.
Governance Project Coordinators will be assigned to work with and support a
number of project members and constituency groups, representing a diverse set
of organizations and people from across the country, in order to handle
communication, meetings and workshop organization, researching and preparation
of reports), and other tasks as assigned. In addition, Project Coordinators
will assist in a large crowd-sourced review of the governance scenarios and
models developed within this project. This will be a fast-paced environment,
requiring flexibility, team work, and innovation. The project has been
described as having the potential to change the way scientific bodies are
Coordinators will report to the Project Manager and Principal Investigator.
Employment is grant-funded and contingent upon the award of a two-year
National Science Foundation Cooperative Agreement to the University of
Arizona, for which the AZGS is a subawardee. The position is benefits eligible
with the State of Arizona as an uncovered, time-specified (temporary) employee
at the Arizona Geological Survey, an agency of the State of Arizona. Continued
employment beyond the project completion is dependent upon additional grant or
contract funds. Expected start date is September 1, 2013.
* Provide coordination and support for a diverse set of organizations and individuals spanning the geosciences, computer and information sciences, and social sciences
* Assist with the development of a prototype governance framework for cyberinfrastructure in the geosciences by helping evaluate and test a variety of governance models, charters, and scenarios with a range of stakeholder groups
* Develop strategic objectives in coordination with the assigned team members and groups
* Prepare and assist with the evaluation of the project progress and lessons learned
* Organize and facilitate workshops and meetings, both virtual (web-based) and in-person
* Monitor and evaluate contract and project objectives compliance
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
* Education or experience relevant to carrying out the project duties successfully
* Excellent written and verbal communications, with the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with project members and stakeholder groups
* Facilitation of diverse groups in workshops, conference calls, and online forums
* Ability to synthesize results from work groups, meetings, and reports
* Experience with virtual communications, social media, and
* Expertise with MS Office is strongly desired
Travel: Candidates must be willing to travel nationally; between four and
seven trips per year are expected.
Submit applications to:
Please send resumes and a cover letter to [log in to unmask] with the
following heading: "ProjectCoordinator-LASTNAME"; indicate whether you are
interested in full-time employment or part-time employment within the email.
Resumes will be reviewed beginning July 15, 2013, with an expected start date
of September 1, 2013. The positions are contingent upon receipt of the
Cooperative Agreement with NSF.
Location: Tucson, Arizona
About AZGS & the State of Arizona:
AZGS is Arizona's Earth Science agency (http://azgs.az.gov). Based in Tucson,
AZ, we are responsible for identifying the state's natural resources and
natural hazards and communicating the results broadly. In order to meet these
challenges, we employ an interdisciplinary team of professionals including
geologists, geomorphologists, economic geologists, natural hazard specialists,
GIS specialists, Web developers, and science outreach and administrative
personnel. AZGS is an international leader in Geoinformatics as the lead
organization on the U.S. Geoscience Information Network (USGIN) and systems
architect on the National Geothermal Data System (NGDS).
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to the E-Verify Employment
Eligibility Verification Program.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8830/