STATE OF OREGON
invites applications for the position of:
**Librarian (Cataloging Services Librarian)**
JOB CODE: OSL13-0001Temp
OPENING DATE/TIME: 06/05/13 12:00 AM
CLOSING DATE/TIME: 06/16/13 11:59 PM
SALARY: $1,826.00 - $2,670.50 Monthly
JOB TYPE: Temporary
LOCATION: Salem, Oregon
AGENCY: State Library-Government Research Services
The Oregon State Library is currently accepting applications to fill a
Temporary, approximately 6 month duration, Part-Time (50%), Librarian position
in the Government Research Services section. This position
is not benefit eligible.
This recruitment announcement will be used to establish a list of qualified
candidates to fill the current vacancy and may be used to fill future
vacancies as they occur.
The Oregon State Library is an independent state agency governed by a seven-
member Board of Trustees appointed by the Governor under [ORS
357](http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/357.html). The State Library plays a vital
role in state government, proudly providing services for over 100 years. The
mission of the Oregon State Library is to provide quality information services
to Oregon state government; provide reading materials to blind and print-
disabled Oregonians; and provides leadership, grants, and other assistance to
improve library service for all Oregonians.
The State Library consists of five teams-- Government Research Services,
Library Administrative Services, Library Development Services, Talking Book
and Braille Services and Management Team -- operating on a biennial budget of
approximately $14.7 million with 39.26 FTE. The State Library also has one of
the best volunteer programs in state government, made up of talented
individuals who donate their time to help achieve the mission and goals of the
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Cataloging of complex Oregon documents and review of other Oregon document cataloging as needed;
* Provide professional cataloging services for OSL for all collections and formats, especially items requiring complex original cataloging;
* Ensure consistent application of name and subject headings and classification for OSL for all collections and formats through workflow coordination and reviewing the work of other members of the catalog services workgroup;
* Review and approve cataloging performed by Cataloging Specialists.
* Staff Reference desk as needed: Answers basic reference questions. Helps patrons with public access terminals, copy machines, and microfilm reader-printers. Answers telephone and forwards calls to appropriate person. Markets OSL services to state employees;
* Participate in the GRS team including:
* Team meetings and in support of team projects
* Support of the team agreements and service model
* Contribute to a positive and productive work environment, work cooperatively with coworkers, and provide positive customer service to the public, coworkers and other state employees;
* Regular attendance is an essential function required to meet the demands of this job and provide necessary services.
* Typical office environment in a shared office.
* Uses word processing, spreadsheets, budget reporting, email and Internet access software and programs on microcomputer.
* Uses fax and other office equipment.
* Occasional lifting of library materials and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Extended periods of use and exposure to video display monitors.
QUALIFICATIONS & DESIRED ATTRIBUTES:
An American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master of Library Science
Strong knowledge of
the principles and practices of cataloging, including nationally accepted
rules and standards such as AACR2R, LCRIs, LCSH, MARC formats, RDA and other
of Dewey Decimal Classification system and Library of Congress subject
headings and other cataloging factors.
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8254/