The Digital Research Services Librarian for the Sciences position manages a
portfolio of digital scholarship services for this
discipline. (1) Digital services.
Consult and partner with faculty and student researchers to support their
research data life cycles by providing expertise in the digital project
development and management (including tools, software, and
repository). (2) Client Engagement.
Market to, educate and engage faculty and students about e-scholarship and
forge new collaborations and relationships that extend the Libraries' capacity
to support the University's interdisciplinary initiatives in the
humanities. (3) Collection Management. Participate in
collection management, including the coordination, evaluation, and selection
of print and electronic resources. (4) Research
Support. Provide consultation and guidance for faculty and
student to discover and manage print and electronic information resources
* An advanced degree in a science discipline (Master's degree required, doctoral degree preferred). An additional ALA-accredited MLS preferred.
* Professional-level work experience in an academic library or equivalent research setting.
* Demonstrable understanding of the research processes employed in a range of disciplines with particular focus on the research data lifecycle.
* Demonstrated expertise employing digital tools for e-research, including big data management and curation, text mining, research practices relating to data, preservation, and retrieval.
* Demonstrated ability to lead change.
Application Process. The full job description and
application information are available at
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: http://jobs.code4lib.org/job/8750/